Thread: CAN request on bootup

Default CAN request on bootup

I have a network with a cr0401 and a cr0452 and I would like to print the filename of the cr0401 software on the display. This data is needed only once. An elegant way would be the 'Request on bootup' option in the properties window of a network variable. Somehow this isn't working, should it be working with rawcan and only network variables? I know I can check in the display if the needed data is present and if not I can simply ask for the data but it seems to me that the 'Request on bootup' on one side and 'Answer bootup requests' on the other side should work.

I don't see any replies so I think it isn't possible with these parts to use the mechanism in the network variable property windows. What I do now is simply let the display set a bit in a network variable during the time the start up screen is showing on the display. This is 3 seconds. This bit is directly used in the network variable window, containing the filename, in the event field at the cr0401. Now the filename will be sent for 3 second after each start up of the system and the software on the cr0401 side doesn't need to do anything. As long as the bit is set by the cr0451 the 'send on event' in the cr0401 will be sending its data. Just wanted to share this in case some else could use it.