Thread: CAN Rx Deciphering

Default CAN Rx Deciphering

I want my PLC CR.0020 to intercept one particular CAN message and act accordingly.
    This must be the minimal bare CAN functionality and I am so surprised I can?t find examples in my tutorials:

In Functional Block Diagrams I want to evaluate Byte number 6 of a CAN message.

CAN1RECEIVE; sure, but HOW TO DECIPHER / unpack the 8 bytes from this particular CAN 1 MESSAGE:

ID Bytes Byte0 Byte1 Byte2 Byte3 Byte4 Byte5 Byte6 Byte7
    1553 7 Flags(1) MaxIac(2) MaxVdc(3) MaxIdc(4) (?)

A magic word or a link to a tutorial is highly appreciated,

-paul-

You can do this 2 ways.
    1. Assign an array to DATA, abData : ARRAY [0..7] OF BYTE. Then you can call out abData[x] where x is the individual bytes.
    2. BrusaLaadt.DATA[x] where x is the individual bytes.

Default CAN Rx directed

Thank you, Erik; with option 2 it is simple now:

But CR doesn't receive any of the bytes. Do you see something else going wrong here:

The third picture shows what is happening on the bus that makes me conclude I need another Codesys hint from you. Looking forward to that,

-paul-

The CONFIG input variable of CAN1_RECEIVE should not be constantly set TRUE. It only needs to be TRUE for one cycle to configure/initialize the FB.

Also, I don't think you want to keep the CLEAR input variable constantly TRUE either since it's used to delete the data buffer/queue.

What cvrettacos said. Make the CLEAR = init1. You are clearing the bytes of data you recievce on every PLC scan.

Thanks a lot gentlemen: it works when both input were set to init1. My project floats again.
    -paul-