Thread: Multitasking behaviour

Default Multitasking behaviour

Hi all!

I'm new with ifm products and i wish to know how the underlying operating system manages my multitasking application.
    First of all: Is it possible?
    May i have to set any parameters like stack reserved or use some library?
    Can i use event triggered task or only time based task?
    What does freewheeling task mean? I suppose that application is continuously running consuming all the time.

My hardware components are CR1201 (panel) and CR0231 (board) and my development environment is Codesys 2.3 (2.3.9.42)

BR

Sorry those units will not support tasks in Codesys V2.3.

Yes your application will be running all the time as fast as it possibly can.

Does exists some other units that support multi-tasking in codesys 2.3 or 3.5?
    BR

ericci, please discuss this with your ifm Sales Person. There may be some options for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Gerrits View Post
    ericci, please discuss this with your ifm Sales Person. There may be some options for you.
    I suppose that a sales guy have many selling skills but not so much technical one. Then i would ask it to a ifm technician.

Ericci,

Codesys 2.3 and those hardware components do not support multi-tasking. Our next Gen PLC (Available in near future) and codesys 3.5 will be able to support 4 tasks but they do not run along side of each other. The tasks are executed based on priority, the highest priority task will interrupt lower priority tasks when it is its turn to run. The next Gen Displays (expected release july 2019) will have a 4 core processor and can be used to multi-task.