Thread: M30711 Codesys communication - first steps

Default M30711 Codesys communication - first steps

Hello,
    I have started to work on M30711. After the installation of Codesys 3.5 SP11 and IFM packages, I'm not able to connect to the PLC with Codesys gateway. Using local gateway I can't see any device. Via ping command I can reach the PLC; if I try to change the gateway, using the gateway inside the PLC (IP 192.168.82.247 port 1217), also in this way doesn't work. Any idea?

BR,

What is the IP address of your PC? Did you change it to the same subnet? Also does your Codesys Target match the firmware on the PLC?

The default IFM IP address is 192.168.82.247 and I choose an IP with the same subnet (192.168.82.33). I've also tried with an external USB/Ethernet adapter with only IP and subnet mask configured without gateway and DNS. The local gateway is working (see picture attached)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ifm_codesys_3_5_11.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	385
    The firmware used on PLC is V2.8.2.3
    Just a question, but if I scan the devices with Codesys gateway I should find also the devices not configured in the project, right?

How many times do you scan? For me it never shows up on the first time. I usually have to scan a few times. Looks like you have everything setup correctly.

The scan only finds devices that match the Device that is in the Project.

I've tried several times but I never found the PLC. Is it available a gateway running on PLC? In some devices I was able to connect directly on their Codesys Gateway, instead of my local one.

I don't know. I would have your local ifm representative remote into your PC to see what is going on there.