Thread: UDP Network Variable with CR721S

Default UDP Network Variable with CR721S

I'm setting up a network variable communication via Ethernet, but looks like that the ifm PLC is not able to read the packages sent from another controller. Sometimes looks that the ifm PLC reads the first package, but only that.
    To make it simple I have prepared a workbench with a 3S Cosdesys Control Win project that runs on my laptop and then I have set the Network variable with a different UDP port (1203). On PLC side I've imported the *.gvl file and with ethernet sniffer I can see that Control Win application send data but it is not reed from PLC.

I try to resume with a table the configuration used:
    Control Win PC side CR721S PLC side
    NVL TX UDP port 1203 NVL RX with *.gvl file imported (The PLC doesn't read variables)
    NVL RX made with *.gvl file imported NVL TX UDP port 1202 (this part of the test WORKS!!)

I hope someones have some good advices.

BR

are you using the latest version of firmware from our website?

Not sure why you are importing it. Make a project with both devices then add the network variables. I have multiple projects running with Network Variables. I have never run into an issue.

I can't make a project with both devices because one device has different service pack of Codesys v3.5. Anyway the problem was on broadcast setting in network variable. The default 255.255.255.255 on linux doesn't work. I've changed to 192.168.135.255 and in this way the broadcast on specified subnetmask has worked.

BR

Thank you for the update. Good to know about the IP address.