Thread: Cr2032 Input Diagnostics

Default Cr2032 Input Diagnostics

I'm working on a function block to provide Cr2032 input diagnostics (short to VBB & wire break) & had a wiring question.

Am I right in assuming that the wiring information shown in the Cr0020 System Manual for input diagnostics also applies to the Cr2032? If so, what's the point to the 3-10k ohm resistor in series with the input device?

Thanks.

Default Cr2032 Input Diagnostics Wiring Information

I’ve discovered that the input diagnostics for the Cr2032 binary inputs (configuration value = B) works for mechanical inputs with the following resistance values (see pg. 40 of Cr0020 System Manual for wiring diagram reference):

series resistor = 300 ohm
    paraller resistor = 6.5 - 12.0 kohm

I'm trying to get this working on a CR2033.

I'm using an IIM200 sensor and I'm a little confused because the CR0020 manual says to use a 3-10kohm resistor in series and a 330kohm sensor in parallel around the switch, which seems pretty different than cvrettacos working values on the CR2032.

Also, this is a 3 wire sensor, does that change the wiring configuration at all?

I was able to sort of get it working. It will throw an error when the cordset is unplugged from the CR2033, but if i leave the cordset in, and unplug the sensor itself, no error will show.

You may have to play with the values. I know chris tested this but I think it was with a contact style switch, not electronic.