Thread: CR0401 CanOpen Master Template

Default CR0401 CanOpen Master Template

I was just trying to use the ifm_Template_CR0401Master_V010101_V01.pro template on a CR0401 with Firmware V01.02.03. The CANOPEN_ENABLE block gives a 242 error (Incorrect setting i believe) with no modification to the template. This results in no can activity at all.

The CANOPEN_ENABLE block works fine when I try ifm_Template_CR0401Slave_V010101_V01.pro.

Any ideas?
    David Grambsch
    Automation Controls Engineer

FORCE America Inc.
    www.forceamerica.com

David,

Make sure that you have an EDS file selected in the PLC Configuration.

Thanks Erik, it seems to work now. One thing I figured out is that if you want to use network variables on the CAN 2 port, you need to go into the properties of the Global Variable List that you want to transmit/receive and then click "Settings" next to the "Network Type" and change the index from 0 to 1.

Also, I noticed that on the basic series (maybe true with the CR0032 too) you can use extended identifiers for network variables.
    David Grambsch
    Automation Controls Engineer

FORCE America Inc.
    www.forceamerica.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Grambsch View Post
    Thanks Erik, it seems to work now. One thing I figured out is that if you want to use network variables on the CAN 2 port, you need to go into the properties of the Global Variable List that you want to transmit/receive and then click "Settings" next to the "Network Type" and change the index from 0 to 1.

Also, I noticed that on the basic series (maybe true with the CR0032 too) you can use extended identifiers for network variables.

That is true for all of our controllers. You can do extended identifiers for for Network Variables and you can have them on all the CAN ports by changing the Controller Index.

0 - CAN1
    1 - CAN2
    2 - CAN3
    3 - CAN4