Thread: Pop Up Window

Default Pop Up Window

Is there a good way to create a pop up window that will appear on any visualization page during operation? I'm thinking of an error message indicating a low oil level situation.

You could use a master layout with a object that becomes visible when the alarm is triggered. You cannot set as background and you may have issues with object order (depth, front to back).

Create a new visu, and right click the name and look at properties. There is a box to set as master layout.

You make it sound like this isn't a typical way of doing things. What are other people doing for alert messages and error warnings? Thanks.

You can also create a visualization that comes up on each page for the alarms.

How do you do that? I read something about being able to load visualizations inside each other but how do you do that?

You could create a visualization, then on another visualization you would add the visualization object using the menu bar or Insert menu item. This is not recommended for the basic display.

Again, for an alarm window that is on every screen I would try using a master layout and have the alarm box either become visible or place off the screen area and use position variables to move the object into view. You could also place this object on each page and make sure the depth is top.