Thread: CR0032 and CR2511

Default CR0032 and CR2511

How does one properly configure a CR2511 to talk with a CR0032? I've added CR2511_C.lib to my libraries and added the CR2511 EDS under CANopen Master on my PLC Configuration page. I've also created STRUCTs for the input/output signals and configuration.

I've looked at the CR2511 demo file but it seems pretty obsolete with some missing libraries.

Where do I assign the CAN channel to the CR2511?

Also, what does this mean and what do I do with it?

Code:
    Warning 1902: 'C:\...\CR2511_C.hex': The library is not suitable for the current machine type or errant!

You don't need the 2511_C.hex file. That is not for Codesys.

The first think I would say is why are you using the CR2511, that unit is pretty old, if this is a new project I would use the CR2512. The CR2511 has a very slow response time.

To bring the unit into Codesys, just go to the Resources Tab, then PLC_Configuration. Right Click on the CR0032_CANopenMaster in the middle of the screen, select Append Subelement, you should then see the CR2511 and you can select it.

I wasn't aware that the CR2511 was an inferior product.

I've already added it to the CANopen Master. I was wondering how I would go about addressing the 8 outputs on the slave IO module once that is accomplished. Use the CR2511_C.lib function block or address the addresses listed from the EDS file?

Its just a little slower, the CR2512 is the updated version of the CR2511.

Use the addresses from the EDS file.

I'm apparently really slow because I'm still confused.

• How do I set (in Codesys) what CAN port I'm using (1-4)?
    • How do I set (in Codesys) the output type (digital, analog, ...)?
    • How do the address operators function to get me all of the outputs? Is it as shown in the CR2511 InOutStruct? "The odd-numbered channels are active if the variable contains a positive value. The even-numbered channels are active if the variable contains a negative value." If this is the case, how do I make that function with discrete outputs? Write a "1" and a "-1" to it?
    • Do I need CR2511_C.lib at all?

If you use the CR0032Master template, this one is setup with CAN1 setup as the CANopen Master. You can append subelement to add more CANopen masters if you need.

The values are set by the Service Data Objects within the EDS file.

No the CR2511_C.lib is NOT USED. This is for the Ecolog software, not Codesys.
    Attached Images Attached Images