Thread: App Download to 32 Bit controller

Default App Download to 32 Bit controller

There are a few ways to create a file that can be downloaded to the PLC using the download tool.

1) You can use the same method that is used for the 16 bit controllers. Download your application to the controller using codesys, while online, create the boot project.

Then use the download tool to 'Upload' the application H86 file. Save the file to your hard drive. You may now download this H86 file as an application into the controller. Just select 'Download, make sure the file type is H86 and select the application H86 file you saved.

2) While offline, go to online, 'Create boot project'. This will save a .PRG file to your hard drive. You can then use the download tool to install this file on the controller. Select 'Download' change the file type in the dropdown box to .PRG, Select your file and download.

Why can't I select .PRG in the dropdown box. I only have .BIN, .H86, .CSV or .TXT

The download tool doesn't support .PRG files. The easiest thing to do is download the program with codesys, then create the boot project. You can then upload the .H86 file from the controller and use that to download with teh download tool.

You can also use codesys to create a .BIN compiled file and use the download tool to convert to .H86, but the method above is the simplest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Kopicz View Post
    The download tool doesn't support .PRG files. The easiest thing to do is download the program with codesys, then create the boot project. You can then upload the .H86 file from the controller and use that to download with teh download tool.

You can also use codesys to create a .BIN compiled file and use the download tool to convert to .H86, but the method above is the simplest.
    Yes I know for the H86, but I saw on the first topic, # 2), that's why I tried/asked.