Thread: What would cause a Fatal Error or Stop with Error on CR0032

Default What would cause a Fatal Error or Stop with Error on CR0032

I have a CR0032 which is brand new we had trouble connecting download with RS232 so we used CAN and installed the firmware with Maintenance and CAN. I was able to install the program from Codesys.

That was last week however now with I connect Power the PLC flashes green once then Solid Red LED. I can no longer connect with CAN via Maintenance and I re-tired RS232 with download program and no communication.

In the CR0032 installation manual they say Red LED is Fatal Error or Stop With Error is there anything that can be done?

You could have it wired up incorrectly. Sounds like something along those lines, it starts then goes into Fatal Error, then try's to cycle it.

Now if it was wired up incorrectly and the wiring is changed would it still be stuck in a fatal error mode? Cause I rewired the unit just to power and ground (pins 10, 19, 32 and 20, 37, 42) along with pins 47 and 29 to try and connect using CAN but I was unsuccessful, I even tried pins 25 and 43 with RS232 and using download to reset using Goto Bootloader with Factory Settings but it wouldn't communicate.

I was in contact with customer service with ifm and sent the unit in for inspection but I would like to trying and determine why it went into fatal error mode and how to prevent that in the future.

Thanks.