Thread: Maximum amps on input

Default Maximum amps on input

Is there any information on the maximum amperage that an input could take at 12V before causing issues with the controller (CR0401).

EDIT
    A bit more information on why I'm asking this. I have an input configured that acts as a remote standby - if 12V is applied to the input from a ground speed sensor for example, that essentially activates the system. When less than 12V is applied to the input - the system is in standby mode.

What is happening is on one particular installation, when 12V is applied, the node ID on my display is changing from 127 and communication is lost between the display and controller. I'm trying to determine if a spike in amperage coming from the secondary controller providing the 12V would cause issues with the controller and cause the node ID to change. To get the 12V signal, they have tied into the harnessing that fires their PWM coils on their hydraulic package installed on the truck.

I am unable to recreate the problem on any test units I have, but have now had three displays do this over the course of 7 days on this particular installation.
    Last edited by rbenesch; 08-26-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    Ryan Benesch | Design Engineer, Ice Control
    DIR: (563) 927-7117
    rbenesch@hendersonproducts.com
    www.hendersonproducts.com

That's a new one. Something is very odd that it would change the Node ID. Do you think its possible that the power is wired to the CAN line?

No power is wired to the CAN line. I do have an M12 bulkhead that is spliced into everything on N2 but that is only used for connecting into the display\controller after it is installed. I've got VBBS,VBB1,and VBB2 all connected and running to a switch for powering the controller on/off, but other than that everything is connected to inputs and outputs. I can send the wiring diagram if you think it would be helpful or I need to look in that direction.

Like I said - I can't recreate the problem here, but the location installing it can basically break it on demand.
    Ryan Benesch | Design Engineer, Ice Control
    DIR: (563) 927-7117
    rbenesch@hendersonproducts.com
    www.hendersonproducts.com