Thread: CR0032 & Red Lion CUB5I

Default CR0032 & Red Lion CUB5I

Hello all,

I'm attempting to drive several small panel meters (datasheet here: http://files.redlion.net/filedepot_download/213/3822 ) with CONTROL_OCC. It seems that for any given DESIRED_CURRENT, ACTUAL_CURRENT remains in the 5-8mA range. Neither BREAK nor SHORT is present.

The gauges constantly display 'OLOL.' On the second page of the datasheet, you'll see that display 'OLOL' indicates an input overrange, despite the controller indicating 5-8mA out and the panel meter being set to 10-200mA.

I've verified that the wiring is correct, as well as the gauge configuration. Assuming both of these are true, would there be any other reason anyone can think of that driving a current meter this way wouldn't be doable?

For reference, I'm using the following values for CONTROL_OCC:

ENABLE: TRUE
    INIT: PLC_PRG.Init1
    R_RAMP: 0
    F_RAMP: 0
    TIMEBASE: t#0s
    MAX_CURRENT: 200
    MIN_CURRENT: 10
    TOLERANCE: 1
    PWM_FREQUENCY: 240
    DITHER_FREQUENCY: 0
    DITHER_VALUE: 10
    KP & KI: 50

Any assistance is appreciated.

For anyone who's interested, I found it at last.

It isn't documented in the datasheet, but the resistance across the input terminals on the panel meter is about 4 ohms, which is well below the 12 ohm minimum required for current output on the CR0032. A small resistor (60 ohm 1 watt) was placed between the controller and the panel meter and now everything is behaving.